Zespri International Limited is the world’s largest marketer of kiwifruit, selling kiwifruit into more than 59 countries and managing 30 percent of the global volume.
In 2016/17 Zespri sold 137 million trays of premium-quality Zespri Kiwifruit. Zespri sets the global benchmark for guaranteed excellence and delicious, nutritious kiwifruit with the Zespri Brand. We work with growers and post-harvest operators to source top-quality Zespri Kiwifruit and supply this kiwifruit through our distribution partners to wholesale markets and retail customers. Zespri’s global headquarters are based in Mount Maunganui, New Zealand, in the heart of New Zealand’s largest kiwifruit producing region, the Bay of Plenty. Zespri has offices in 21 countries around the world.
Zespri accounts for around a third of the global trade in kiwifruit and has built a strong reputation through a focus on a number of aspects, including:
- Health marketing – marketing the health research we conduct with credible research partners is the fundamental core of our marketing. Research shows consumers who are aware of the health benefits of eating kiwifruit are much more likely to be repeat purchasers.
- Developing products – focusing on innovation to develop new varieties that customers want to buy.
- Innovation – investing over $20 million each year in research by industry and government to support growers to grow a premium, sustainable product.
- Brand awareness – investing heavily in promoting our premium brand through in-market services.
- Taste and consistency – commercial grower incentives and research and grower education programmes to deliver better tasting fruit.
- Supply chain development – constantly refining how we operate to consistently deliver top quality kiwifruit in the most efficient and sustainable way possible.